Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Management (e-Business) at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
We offer a Master's in Management (e-Business) for students from any background who would like to work in business or management. The programme has been specifically designed with a clear focus on management in an interconnected global community. This programme in Management (e-Business) covers core management concepts such as international marketing, operations management, global strategy, finance and international human resource management. To help you get the best from your studies, the Management (e-Business) programme also includes an academic skills module that covers issues such as research methods, presentation skills, group dynamics and employability support.
- Generalist MSc Management - for you to create your own mix of specialist modules
- Marketing - focused on the challenges of global marketing activities
- Finance – for students interested in financial aspects of management
- Human Resource Management – focused on the challenges of leadership and managing a global work force
- Entrepreneurship – for students interested in the dynamics of starting their own business
- Operations and Supply Management – focused on the management of global operations and supply networks
- International Management – considers contemporary management practice in a global setting
- International Standards – focused on the role of internationals standards (such as ISO) in quality improvement
- Business Analytics – to equip students to work in the era of ‘big data’
- E-Business - investigates the challenges and opportunities of global information systems networks and e-commerce
- All modules on the Management (e-Business) programme are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities – we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
The MSc Management (e-Business) is ideally suited to students with a keen interest in e-business and its application to the business environment. This pathway provides Management (e-Business) students with an intensive focus on business information systems, covering topics such as information systems management, e-commerce, social media and application development.
Modules on the Management (e-Business) programme may include:
Managing Financial Resources
Human Resource Management
Information Systems Management
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates including those from the Management (e-Business) programme with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management as a student on the Management (e-Business) programme we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you’ll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition ‘The Pitch’
The School of Management at Swansea University is building on long-established foundations as one of the UK's top providers of Management, Accounting & Finance and Economic education.
The School of Management's vision is to make a difference to society and the economy locally and globally through excellence in research-led teaching that has resulted in the School being ranked 17th in the UK for research impact* and 26th in the UK for research excellence, all working towards continuing our trend of becoming one of the top business schools in Wales and the UK.
The School of Management comprises over 150 staff and more than 2000 students studying at the new £450million Bay Campus, with the School of Management building itself providing truly world-class facilities with an impressive communal Atrium, new teaching rooms, meeting room and IT equipment.
School of Management, alongside the Great Hall, also proudly offers high quality conferencing and event capacity all within half a mile of the M4 corridor, that has already attracted several high profile and key events during the short time that the Bay Campus has been open.
Through its enterprise and innovation activities of business engagement the School plans to focus on three global challenges: Health & Wellbeing, Digital Society and Sustainable Economies. The School of Management's aim is to deliver world-class education through collaboration, innovation and fresh thinking, and we pride ourselves on the outstanding student experience on offer here at the School of Management ensuring a rich learning environment, while also developing our staff in line with Swansea University's wider ambition to anchor and underpin everything we do with a core set of values.
School of Management aspires to be known globally as a centre for educational excellence, working in partnership with other Swansea University departments and organisations to create joint programmes that reflect the skillsets required by an evolving workplace.
*THE Research Excellence Framework 2014: Institutions ranked by subject
Under the patronage of SIT – the Italian Society of Telemedicine - the Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree Course in e-Health Management has been designed to supply training on organizational processes and technologies aimed at the proper introduction and management of ICT solutions and Telemedicine in Health Systems.
E-Health is the combined use of information technology and electronic communication, especially the internet, in the health sector, for clinical, educational and administrative purposes; both on-site and at distance (in which case it is called Telemedicine). E-Health is not only a technical development, but also represents a way of thinking, a commitment, an organizational approach to improve health care locally or regionally by using the new opportunities presented by Information and Communication Technology.
By means of e-Health and Telemedicine, a Healthcare Institution or Ministry can achieve:
• More efficiency in health care: reducing costs by networking data and knowledge, avoiding duplication in diagnostic or therapeutic interventions, treating patients directly at home.
• A higher quality of care: by networking the Health professionals’ knowledge, enabling comparisons, and involving the patients and care givers.
• The empowerment of patients.
• The education of both physicians and patients about the management of pathologies
• More equity, for example by networking smaller hospitals with larger institutions and making virtual visits to remote areas.
In this scenario, it is crucial for a Manager to understand the potentiality, seize the opportunities, push and, above all, lead the e-Health and Telemedicine revolution in health care.
The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree Course in e-Health Management has been designed to supply training on organizational processes and technologies aimed at the proper introduction and management of ICT solutions and Telemedicine in Health Systems.
The Master’s Degree Course is designed for
• Directors and Managers of Healthcare Institutions,
• Directors and Managers of Social and Healthcare Ministries,
• Healthcare Decision-Makers,
• Clinical Engineers.
On completion of the training course, attendees will:
• Understand e-Health and Telemedicine terminologies and their areas of application.
• Be aware of the most widespread and innovative technology platforms and solutions available.
• Possess the skills to evaluate and choose the best e-Health projects and solutions.
• Be able to manage the organizational aspects stemming from the introduction of e-Health in an Institution, a Region, or a Country.
• Be able to apply the knowledge of the best-in-class European e-Health projects to the domestic contexts.
• Be e-Health evangelists.
On completion of this Master’s Degree Course, attendees will be able to work or improve their careers as:
• E-Health Managers
• Chief Information Officers for healthcare institutions
• E-Health executive consultants
• Managers of ICT Departments of Health Ministries
• E-Health and Telemedicine evangelists
• Introduction, Terms and General Concepts
• Health Technology Assessment
• Electronic Medical Records
• National Electronic Health Records
• Chronic Disease Management
• EMR for Primary Care
• Clinical Decision Support Systems
• UK WSD “The Largest Randomised Control Trial of Telehealth and Telecare in the World”
• Better Health Through IT
• Standards and Interoperability
• Telemedicine: areas of use and technologies
• Introducing e-Health in Hospital environments
• Economics of e-Health
• Healthcare reform: changing the healthcare models in Europe
• ESA activities in Telemedicine: space technology for downstream eHealth applications
• E-Health experiences in the Italian regions
• E-Health in Hospitals
• Telemedicine for local organizations
• Telemedicine for developing Countries
• Public-Private Partnerships
• Designing of e-health projects
• European Structural Funding for e-Health management
The course is structured in:
• 20 two hour seminars (6 months) +
• A final project work (6 months).