If you’re an international fee-paying student you could be eligible for a £3,000 discount when you start your course in January 2017. http://www.shu.ac.uk/VCAwardJanuary2017
Develop your skills in managing global and international supply chains on this accredited course. As a SAP University Alliance member, SAP software modules give you practical experience and you can take examinations, which lead to SAP qualifications. Industry research projects and industry visits and speakers enhance your learning experience.
Driven by the rapid growth of global manufacturing and services, the management of global supply chains and logistics have become vital to business success for organisations around the world. This course gives you the knowledge and skills required to manage global supply chains and associated logistics.
This course is suitable for
• recent graduates aiming a career in rapidly growing logistic and supply chain sectors
• supply chain practitioners wanting to become specialists or managers
• engineers and managers needing to develop their knowledge skills in logistics and supply chain management
Developed by academics with extensive research and consultancy experiences, the course covers strategies, management, technology and systems. You learn modern approaches to supply chain management such as lean, six-sigma and operations management which are integral elements of the course. SupplyChainGuru, an award winning modelling platform is used to demonstrate design and operation principles.
In modern supply chains, technology plays a critical role. For example, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is now widely used to track shipments through supply chain. This course covers essential technologies required to operate global supply chains which also include warehouse automation and transportation.
Modern IT systems integrate different elements of supply chain to provide the total visibility and information required to drive supply chain operations. The course uses the world’s leading Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform, SAP, to demonstrate how modern ERP systems are used to integrate supply chain operations.
As a member of the SAP University Alliance, we use SAP software modules to enhance your learning experience and the course includes a SAP training academy. You also can take examinations at extra cost, which lead to SAP qualifications in one of the world's leading business technologies.
The dissertation project enables you to apply what you learn on the course. The course team has extensive links with the industry, which means it is likely that you will be able to work with a company during your dissertation. It is also possible to work on on-going research projects which are managed by the course team.
You attend a series of guest lectures and industry visits to enhance your learning experience and to make you understand how theories and technologies are used in industry. Guest speakers include supply chain professionals from manufacturing, retail, health, food and pharmaceutical industries.
The courses enhances your career potential by improving your knowledge and skills in
• the management of logistics and global supply chains
• supply chain strategies
• logistics and supply chain design, planning and control techniques required in industry.
• supply chain technologies which include topics such as warehouse automation and RFID (Radio Frequency Identification)
• systems used for integration and modelling aspects of logistics and supply chain in today’s global environment
• technical and problem solving skills
• transferable skills sought employers, such as problem solving, team-working and presentation skills
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT UK) (http://www.ciltuk.org.uk/
) and offers full exemption from the education requirements for Chartered Membership for graduates achieving an overall average mark of 50% or more.
This course is also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply(CIPS) (http://www.cips.org/
You gain the knowledge and experience to work as a logistics and supply chain management professional in a range of areas. Graduates of this course can find themselves working for companies such as:
• Caterpillar – world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines
• Dematic – the market leader in innovative logistics automation systems
• NYK Logistics – delivers fully integrated logistics solutions tailored to the needs of their customers
• Tuffnells – leading parcel delivery company
Typical graduates roles are • logistics coordinator • supply chain analyst • solutions analyst • supply chain coordinator • demand analyst.
After five years’ experience you can typically move onto management roles in areas such as • warehouse operations • supply chain • inventory • logistics planning.
How to apply
Complete the application form available at http://www.shu.ac.uk/study/form
Any offer of a place to study is subject to your acceptance of the University’s Terms and Conditions and student Regulations (https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/terms-and-conditions-and-student-regulations