About the programme
Widely considered the new epidemic of the 21st century, heart failure is a leading cause of hospitalization in patients over 65 years of age. The increasingly complex demands of treating such patients calls for a new kind of physician, i.e. a cardiologist who is not only competent in clinical medicine and pharmacotherapy, but is also skilled in cardiac devices and their programming. This specialist must also be highly knowledgeable in imaging modalities and procedures of the coronary circulation and valvular apparatus, and similarly qualified in the management of patients with end-stage heart failure.
PCHF consists of a two-year programme with eight modules of 2,5 days each, a total of 160 hours lectures and 140 hours of self-study. Each module is chaired by an internationally recognized expert. Modules will be taught in Brussels and Zurich.
- How to approach heart failure | Zurich
- Specific forms of heart failure / hfpef | Zurich
- Treatment and follow-up of heart failure | Zurich
- Device therapy in heart failure I | Zurich
- Device therapy in heart failure II | Brussels
- Multidisciplinary procedures | Zurich
- Acute & advanced heart failure | Zurich
- Mechanical circulatory support & transplantation in heart failure | Zurich
Course fees are CHF 1,000.
Travel, accommodation and other expenses accrued during the course will be covered by the participants
We are now accepting applications for the 2018/2019 intake.
Applicants are invited to complete an application directly on the PCHF website until 15 September 2017.