About the programme
This course is a joint collaboration between the European Heart Academy of ESC, European Heart Rhythm Association and Maastricht University Medical Centre (MUMC).
The Diploma of Advanced Studies in Cardiac Arrhythmia Management trains future leaders in arrhythmology to deliver state-of-the-art cardiovascular services in the next decade and beyond. DAS-CAM brings together renowned experts, who will cover not only clinical cardiac electrophysiology and device technology, but also the leadership, biostatistics and health economics perspectives. The programme will empower electrophysiologists to fulfil leadership roles as well as regulatory and managerial positions in their hospitals, universities, and other work environments.
DAS-CAM is designed as an executive programme, consisting of eight modules spread over 2 years. Each module has the following format: online preparatory phase, intensive 4-day in-person training, followed by evaluation phase to integrate and reflect on the module. In addition to time spent in the classroom, you will also be expected to complete coursework from a distance. Modules will be taught in Brussels and Maastricht.
- Towards an optimal use of the ECG in cardiac arrhythmia management | Maastricht
- Fundamentals of Cardiac Arrhythmogenesis | Maastricht
- How to organise an arrhythmia unit? | Brussels
- Atrial fibrillation | Maastricht
- Ventricular tachycardia | Maastricht
- Cardiac pacing, defibrillation and electrical management of heart failure | Maastricht
- Sudden arrhythmic death | Maastricht
- Guideline implementation and future trends in arrhythmia management | Brussels
For January 2017 entry, course fees were €2,500 per annum for a total of €5,000.
Travel, accommodation and other expenses accrued during the course will be covered by the participants.
Follow our webpage to know the next entry date.