A good MBA can really make you stand out for the top jobs in any type of business in fast paced major growth, transformation, innovation and operational change in any country and business discipline area. You develop insights across the top discipline functions such as finance, strategy, economics and project management, marketing, leading and managing people, supply chain and new business creation. These are all disciplines within themselves which you rapidly acquire skills and knowledge to manage successfully. These are essential disciplines to many known high street brands, service industries, online businesses and high growth start ups which ensure that if you start a business using existing skills or a new team that you are likely to provide a high growth enterprise very quickly. Alternatively you may have been employed within a sector undergoing a real threat to business existence which involves you in making changes very quickly at operational level using the range of disciplines you learn.
In this situation you can overcome the threats quickly to ensure long term viability whilst managing short term risks to business and you can be a very sought after individual due to your ability to quickly assess what needs to be done with minimum impact to allow long term profitability. Many brands have recently been disrupted by mass communications and the rapid rise in online trading, some were able to quickly re-organise their business model to avoid going out of business, some were able to innovate and others relied on a wide variety of techniques to allow them to reinvent themselves. MBA positions are normally fast paced but very rewarding in terms of achievements and business satisfaction.
The Aberdeen University MBA is a one year full-time management programme which covers all the main disciplines of business management. You take leading edge modules during our intensive summer school, which is run by visiting scholars, as well as our own expert staff at the University of Aberdeen Business School. In drawing upon the international expertise of research-active staff, the programme promotes the development of cross-disciplinary knowledge in preparing students for effective management careers in both the private and public sectors. You can take this programme over a year full time or two years part time with September or January start.
You may be able to continue working whilst you study, but there is also an online option which may help you manage your time much better whilst studying (below)
Accounting & Finance For Managers
Provides an understanding of accounting information and financial reporting and introduces key aspects of financial analysis to undertake accounting; ratio analysis, user-group specific tools, e.g. Z scores and credit ratings; accounting information, the stock market; forecasting and valuation.
You look at the management of capacity and inventory, production planning and control, project management and the management and improvement of quality.
You examine the ways in which economic theory may be applied to solve real business problems, focussing on aspects of economics vital to a student of business, to be comfortable with the tools of economic analysis as applied to the international, economic and business environments in which modern day businesses and policy makers have to operate.
Business Strategy & Organisation
Drawing mainly on microeconomics theories and applications in order to introduce students to many typical business situations.
Marketing management and strategic planning across product and all communications areas of business
Managing People At Work
Management of people as a key element for organisational success
Managing Change and Innovation
You look at the context of innovation and change examining new product development (goods and services), innovation and change.
The Leadership Challenge
Investigates how each of us behave in a leadership role to develop your behaviour and your method of leadership.
Strategic Financial Analysis
Key concepts of financial forecasting and analysis
Talking to Teams
Investigates how teams are shaped in terms of performance by their managers communication methods
People, Creativity and Change
The course helps you to understand the relationship between creativity and change within an organisation.
Supply Chain Management
You will gain a strong understanding of the supply chain.
You will look at how globalisation affects the contemporary small business, trade and social capital.
Essential Human Resource Practise
The course helps you appreciate the links between HR procedures and organisational outcomes with practical issues faced by employees.
View this programme
Find out about fees:
*Please be advised that some programmes have different tuition fees from those listed above and that some programmes also have additional costs.
View all funding options on our funding database via the programme page
Find out more about:
• Your Accommodation
• Campus Facilities
• Aberdeen City
• Student Support
• Clubs and Societies
Find out more about living in Aberdeen:
You may also be interested in:
Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Management (e-Business) at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
We offer a Master's in Management (e-Business) for students from any background who would like to work in business or management. The programme has been specifically designed with a clear focus on management in an interconnected global community. This programme in Management (e-Business) covers core management concepts such as international marketing, operations management, global strategy, finance and international human resource management. To help you get the best from your studies, the Management (e-Business) programme also includes an academic skills module that covers issues such as research methods, presentation skills, group dynamics and employability support.
- Generalist MSc Management - for you to create your own mix of specialist modules
- Marketing - focused on the challenges of global marketing activities
- Finance – for students interested in financial aspects of management
- Human Resource Management – focused on the challenges of leadership and managing a global work force
- Entrepreneurship – for students interested in the dynamics of starting their own business
- Operations and Supply Management – focused on the management of global operations and supply networks
- International Management – considers contemporary management practice in a global setting
- International Standards – focused on the role of internationals standards (such as ISO) in quality improvement
- Business Analytics – to equip students to work in the era of ‘big data’
- E-Business - investigates the challenges and opportunities of global information systems networks and e-commerce
- All modules on the Management (e-Business) programme are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities – we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
The MSc Management (e-Business) is ideally suited to students with a keen interest in e-business and its application to the business environment. This pathway provides Management (e-Business) students with an intensive focus on business information systems, covering topics such as information systems management, e-commerce, social media and application development.
Modules on the Management (e-Business) programme may include:
Managing Financial Resources
Human Resource Management
Information Systems Management
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates including those from the Management (e-Business) programme with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management as a student on the Management (e-Business) programme we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you’ll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition ‘The Pitch’
The School of Management at Swansea University is building on long-established foundations as one of the UK's top providers of Management, Accounting & Finance and Economic education.
The School of Management's vision is to make a difference to society and the economy locally and globally through excellence in research-led teaching that has resulted in the School being ranked 17th in the UK for research impact* and 26th in the UK for research excellence, all working towards continuing our trend of becoming one of the top business schools in Wales and the UK.
The School of Management comprises over 150 staff and more than 2000 students studying at the new £450million Bay Campus, with the School of Management building itself providing truly world-class facilities with an impressive communal Atrium, new teaching rooms, meeting room and IT equipment.
School of Management, alongside the Great Hall, also proudly offers high quality conferencing and event capacity all within half a mile of the M4 corridor, that has already attracted several high profile and key events during the short time that the Bay Campus has been open.
Through its enterprise and innovation activities of business engagement the School plans to focus on three global challenges: Health & Wellbeing, Digital Society and Sustainable Economies. The School of Management's aim is to deliver world-class education through collaboration, innovation and fresh thinking, and we pride ourselves on the outstanding student experience on offer here at the School of Management ensuring a rich learning environment, while also developing our staff in line with Swansea University's wider ambition to anchor and underpin everything we do with a core set of values.
School of Management aspires to be known globally as a centre for educational excellence, working in partnership with other Swansea University departments and organisations to create joint programmes that reflect the skillsets required by an evolving workplace.
*THE Research Excellence Framework 2014: Institutions ranked by subject