Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Economics and Finance at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
This new Economics and Finance course is being introduced at the School of Management from September 2017.
- All modules on the Economics and Finance programme are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- 93% of Swansea students in employment or further study within six months of graduating
- High contact time – each module includes a 2 hour lecture (class sizes approximately 150 students) followed by a 1 hour seminar/tutorial (class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
Our MSc Economics and Finance programme is a joint-honours scheme which aims to provide students with a thorough grounding in many of the key concepts, modelling approaches and research techniques deployed in key areas of economics (such as microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics), which also have important applications within finance. The relationship between economics and finance is a very close one, and finance may be viewed as a particular specialism within economics. Students undertaking the Economics and Finance programme will therefore have a holistic experience.
Modules on the MSc in Economics and Finance may include:
Dissertation - Economics
Derivatives and Risk Management
Equities & Fixed Income Securities
Corporate Governance & Ethics
International Financial Crises and Bank Regulation
Risk Management in Banking
Contemporary Issues in Finance
Financial Market Efficiency & Behavioural Finance
Economics of Banking
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management as a student on the Economics and Finance programme we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you’ll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition ‘The Pitch’
In September 2015 Swansea University became one university with two stunning campuses; located in acres of tranquil parkland and on the majestic sweep of Swansea Bay. All programmes including the Economics and Finance MSc, delivered by the School of Management are now taught at the Bay Campus both new and continuing students.
The Bay Campus is situated in an outstanding location on the eastern approach into Swansea, with direct access onto the beach and its own seafront promenade. The campus features modern and bright student accommodation, including standard, premium, twin and wheelchair accessible rooms.
By Campus facilities include:
- Central support services for students housed within the Tower Information Centre
- State of the art library and resource centre
- Students’ Union
- The Great Hall – incorporating the Stanley Clarke Auditorium, lecture theatres and a cafe offering magnificent views across Swansea Bay
-Extensive catering and grocery provision including cafeterias, bar, supermarket, launderette and cash points. All of this will be in addition to recreational sporting facilities and a beach for all to enjoy.