The MBA Aviation has been designed to satisfy the increasing need of the global aviation industry for graduates with a focus on key aspects of business and management.
The course aims to produce highly innovative and creative graduates with the technical abilities and management potential to compete for a wide range of careers in this exciting industry.
• A limited number of funded places may be available for full-time, Scottish or EU fee status students.
• Loans for tuition fees are available from the Students Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS) for eligible Scotland domiciled and EU students, and loans for living costs for eligible Scottish students.
• You will be taught by a mix of management and aviation specialists
• The course will provide you with a thorough grounding in management principles, practices and techniques strongly contextualised to aviation applications
• You will undertake an individual research project
• *Please note that the part-time online option is not currently available to international students. International students requiring a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK must be studying on a full-time basis.
• If you wish to study online please select the part-time option in the apply link and include your study preference in your personal statement on the application form.
• If you are studying full-time or part-time on campus you will learn through face-to-face lectures, tutorials and seminars and online study via the university's virtual learning environment (VLE). You can also study part time on a fully online basis if you live in the UK.
• Note January start is (part-time only)
Core modules may include:
Corporate and competitive strategy
You will also choose one option module which may include:
Organisational leadership and management
Global business environment
Core modules may include:
Quality and safety management in aviation
You will also choose one option module which may include:
Entrepreneurial strategy and business growth
Management, accounting and finance
To achieve the award of MBA you must complete a research dissertation.
This course is available at Perth College UHI, Crieff Road, Perth, PH1 2NX
A limited number of places may be available with full tuition fee support for Scottish-domiciled/EU students, studying full time, on this course starting in September 2017 to help talented students join this key growth sector for the Scottish economy. Fees will be funded by the European Social Fund and Scottish Funding Council as part of Developing Scotland’s Workforce in the Scotland 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Fund Programmes.
From 2017, eligible Scotland domiciled students studying full time can access loans up to 10,000 from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS).This comprises a tuition fee loan up to £5,500 and a non-income assessed living cost loan of £4,500. EU students studying full time can apply for a tuition fee loan up to £5500.
Part-time students undertaking any taught postgraduate course over two years up to Masters level who meet the residency eligibility can apply for a for a tuition fee loan up to £2,750 per year.
1. Do something different: our reputation is built on our innovative approach to learning and our distinctive research and curriculum which often reflects the unique environment and culture of our region and closely links to vocational skills required by a range of sectors.
2. Flexible learning options mean that you can usually study part time or full time. Some courses can be studied fully online from home or work, others are campus-based.
3. Choice of campuses – we have campuses across the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Each campus is different from rich cultural life of the islands; the spectacular coasts and mountains; to the bright lights of our city locations.
4. Small class sizes mean that you have a more personal experience of university and receive all the support you need from our expert staff
5. The affordable option - if you already live in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland you don't have to leave home and incur huge debts to go to university; we're right here on your doorstep
If you want to apply for this postgraduate programme click on the ‘visit website’ button below which will take you to the relevant course page on our website, from there select the Apply tab to complete our online application.
If you still have any questions please get in touch with our information line by email using the links below or call on 0845 272 3600.
If you would like to study in a country of outstanding natural beauty, friendly communities, and cities buzzing with social life and activities, the Highlands and Islands of Scotland should be your first choice. We have campuses across the region each one with its own special characteristics from the rich cultural life of the islands to the bright city lights of Perth and Inverness. Some courses are available in one location only, for others you will have a choice; we also have courses that can be studied online from your own home country. .http://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international
Our programmes are taught and examined in English. To make the most of your studies, you must be able to communicate fluently and accurately in spoken and written English and provide certified proof of your competence before starting your course. Please note that English language tests need to have been taken no more than two years prior to the start date of the course. The standard English Language criteria to study at the University of the Highlands and Islands are detailed on our English language requirements page http://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international/how-to-apply-to-uhi/english-language-requirements
Drawing on the School’s research expertise, the MSc in Air Transport Management provides you with a degree that is both intellectually rigorous and up-to-date.
You will learn to critically evaluate all aspects of air transport management, and have the opportunity to analyse and debate theoretical and applied knowledge in the management, operation, organisation and provision of airlines and airports.
Built with an international perspective, the programme offers an in-depth education in the fundamental elements of air transport management. You will also study a range of relevant areas that will enhance and accelerate your career in the air transport industry.
This programme is studied full-time over one academic year and part-time over two academic years. It consists of eight taught modules and a dissertation.
Example module listing
The following modules are indicative, reflecting the information available at the time of publication. Please note that not all modules described are compulsory and may be subject to teaching availability and/or student demand.
The aims of the new programme are to provide:
The programme provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, skills, qualities and other attributes in the following areas:
A student would be expected:
Knowledge and understanding
Intellectual / cognitive skills
Professional practical skills
Handle ethical dilemmas likely to arise in management, research and professional practice and to formulate solutions in dialogue with peers, clients, mentors and others.
Key / transferable skills
Display a range of skills relevant to the needs of existing and future managers, executives and professionals irrespective of their sector of operation, particularly in the areas of:
We often give our students the opportunity to acquire international experience during their degrees by taking advantage of our exchange agreements with overseas universities.
In addition to the hugely enjoyable and satisfying experience, time spent abroad adds a distinctive element to your CV.
The HEC Paris Executive MBA (EMBA) is aimed at senior managers and executives who want to give their career a new lease of life by developing a strategic vision and strong leadership skills.
The program is available in 5 different modular formats in France and Qatar. This allows you to continue working and directly apply everything you have learned in your company or in an entrepreneurial project.
The EMBA is much more than a management toolbox. It is a unique experience that will transform your career and how you view the business world.
The learning methods, exchanges and meetings between participants, professors and experts will enable you to discover and apply the very latest management theories and techniques, develop a global vision within your organisation, and to play a key role in the strategic decision-making and change management processes of your company:
The strong focus on Leadership and Strategy that runs throughout the core courses will enable you to acquire the skills that are essential for any manager. You will not only develop your expertise in these two vital areas, but will also master all the other key aspects of management...
International mobility option
You can take advantage of our International Mobility option and follow modules in Paris and Doha, but also in China and ad hoc locations with strategic international partners.
The Majors enable you to specialize in a field of management or industry of your choice and network with key players and decision-makers in the sector.
Each Major can be taken as a stand-alone Executive Certificate.
The Capstone is a challenging individual or team project that enables you to apply everything you have learned during the program and reposition your career. Some of our participants choose to address an issue of strategic importance for their companies while others opt to develop the business plan of their future start-ups.
The Capstone project can therefore open up new career opportunities - a stepping stone to promotion or the successful launch of a new business venture.
The aim of our innovative, hands-on action-based learning approach is to strike the right balance between theory and practice. We combine:
CASE STUDIES, WORKSHOPS AND INTERACTIVE ROLE-PLAYS to simulate real-life business situations and develop strong analytical and decision-making skills.
DIGITAL LEARNING Up to 12% of the program is now delivered via distance learning solutions and online resources. This allows you to explore or complete certain aspects of the program in greater depth.
TESTIMONIALS FROM SENIOR EXECUTIVES AND INDUSTRY EXPERTS to not only provide valuable insights but to enable you to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Through our personal and professional development program, we aim to provide you with the skills, motivation and confidence to take your career to the next level.