The Rome Business School’s Master in Agribusiness Management is the ideal academic course for professionals seeking a world-class degree programme in these disciplines, leading to a successful global career in the agro network field (production, seed and crop, harvest and stock in agriculture, market of commodities, food supply chain, food and wine business).
With the Rome Business School’s international perspective, the programme offers a unique learning experience and a global professional exposure, enabling participants to study in one of the best cities of the world or online. The programme’s quality teaching and networking services all contribute to make it the perfect fit for anyone who is looking to rise to the top in the world of farming, food production, or in the start-up agribusiness system.
In particular, on completing the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics and trends of the agri-food market and the role played by the farmers, industrialists, and their representatives in the organizations.
- Recognize the intersection of agribusiness with other areas of economic and social concern, such as economic development and new ways of production and business diversification (organic farming, biofuel, biogas, circular economy, etc…).
- Identify and manage the characteristics of the main food businesses and develop effective managerial strategies.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan for agri-food corporations.
- Utilize the most advanced marketing techniques to promote businesses and organizations.
- Manage the financial dimensions related to agricultural activities.
- Understand and utilize project management techniques for agricultural businesses.
- Manage the agri-food supply chain.
- Learn about the start-up ecosystem related to agribusiness.
- Master the use of new technologies within farmer or industrialist organizations and the most advanced production tools and channel.
- Learn about the international organizations operating in the agribusiness sector and the international policies and support linked to this economic sector.
- Meet farmers or food producers that changed their companies by taking new and radical approaches.
The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in Agribusiness Management is structured in:
- 6 months of Lectures + Additional Activities
- 6 months of project work
- Company visits
If you're looking to accelerate your professional career by gaining expertise in an area of business you're passionate about, or want to prepare for a PhD or research career, this degree is designed for you.
The Master of Management Studies (MMS) degree will bring you closer to the frontiers of knowledge in your specialist field, and prepare you for leadership roles that require a high level of critical thinking and information analysis.
This degree normally includes both taught and research papers, but can also be taken as a full research degree.
Study part-time or full-time for 1-2 years (120 or 180 points), starting in either February (A Semester) or July (B Semester). Normally all papers are taken within a single specialist subject or interdisciplinary area.
This one-year taught masters specialist programme is not currently available for new enrolments. However, a revised version will be offered, starting in September 2018. Further details will be announced soon.
This one-year programme (180 points) is aimed at those seeking industry-relevant skills and knowledge needed to build a professional career in the financial industry. It has a strong practical focus and is ideal for students who have never majored in Finance before.
The 11 required papers will develop your foundational knowledge of investments and financial markets, before introducing you to more advanced topics, such as derivative securities and advanced financial modelling. You will also have the opportunity to undertake an applied research project. See the Degree Structure tab and Finance subject requirements for details of papers.
You'll be studying at Waikato Management School, a Triple Crown international business school accredited by EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB. This is a global benchmark of excellence in teaching and research, achieved by less than 1% of the world's business schools.
In the prestigious QS World University Subject Rankings 2017, we're ranked in the world's top 150 universities for Accounting and Finance, and in the world's top 250 for Business & Management Studies, and Economics & Econometrics.
And in the Eduniversal Best Masters Rankings 2017, our Master of Management Studies is ranked in the world's top 100 universities for the following specialist fields: Agribusiness (39th overall); Management and Sustainability (57th overall); and Tourism and Hospitality Management (32nd overall).
We also scored a Top 25 Oceania ranking for our masters programmes in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Management, Leadership Communication, Management Systems, and Marketing.
The new two-year European Master of Science in Food Science, Technology and Business (BiFTec) is jointly organised by three European partner institutions: KU Leuven, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences (HSA) and Catholic University of Portugal (UCP). It fosters innovation and technology to help you cope with future needs and sustainability. BiFTec adopts a horizontal, multidisciplinary approach to a broad range of topics related to food production, processing and agribusiness. The programme also offers specialisation with state-of-the-art courses on food processing, development, and business. Upon graduation, you will receive a joint degree from the three consortium partners.
BiFTec attracts students from all over the world, which adds a valuable intercultural element to your experience. In addition to positions offered directly by the consortium partners, you will get the opportunity to conduct your professional competence module and/or your master’s thesis research at an associated partner institution or organisation in New Zealand, the USA, Russia, Italy, Poland, or Germany.
The objectives of the programme are to:
Overall learning outcomes:
The BiFTec-programme prepares competent employees for sectors including food production, processing and agribusiness as well as for industry and academia.