• University of Derby Online Learning Featured Masters Courses
  • Birmingham City University Featured Masters Courses
  • Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Featured Masters Courses
  • Northumbria University Featured Masters Courses
  • University of Bristol Featured Masters Courses
  • Aberystwyth University Featured Masters Courses
  • Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH Featured Masters Courses
  • University of Surrey Featured Masters Courses
University of London Featured Masters Courses
University College London Featured Masters Courses
Liverpool John Moores University Featured Masters Courses
Birmingham City University Featured Masters Courses
Newcastle University Featured Masters Courses

Masters Discussion Forum

The following thread is brought to you by our sister Web site PostgraduateForum.com. If you wish to reply or post your own thread, you will be redirected to this site.

This Category:   PostgraduateForum.com > Choosing a Masters


Religious Studies to Psychology

User: Ajyysyt - 11 November 2016 13:22

I would like to ask for a little advice about choosing right course to get me to the place I want to get.
I have graduated in September 2012, achieving Masters degree in Religious Studies from Jagiellonian University in Poland. I had a couple of courses in Psychology and Psychology of Religion and would like to continue my education in field of Psychology. I would like to know what kind of course could I start to be able to come back to and further develop myself in academic work. To complicate it further, as Psychology back in Poland is treated with much more emphasis on social studies than science, I haven't needed and indeed don't have any exam or degree showing numeracy/math/science knowledge or skills.
Would I need to pass any numeracy tests or A levels? Should I get second Masters degree to be able to get to research courses afterwards? Or should I aim for conversion courses?
Any advice would be appreciated

User: chickpea - 11 November 2016 15:00

Where are you hoping to study? If it's the UK, I would recommend contacting the British Psychological Society, as postgrad research degrees here usually specify that you need to have done a degree which would make you eligible for BPS graduate membership. They should be able to advise you of the requirements to get on to a research degree.

User: Ajyysyt - 13 November 2016 11:01

Yes, I'm hoping to study in UK, preferably in London area. Thank you for your suggestion, that's something I didn't think about.

Cookie Policy    X