• University of Northampton Featured Masters Courses
  • University of Surrey Featured Masters Courses
  • University of Bristol Featured Masters Courses
  • Cardiff University Featured Masters Courses
  • Northumbria University Featured Masters Courses
  • Birmingham City University Featured Masters Courses
  • Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Featured Masters Courses
De Montfort University Featured Masters Courses
Imperial College London Featured Masters Courses
University of Hertfordshire Featured Masters Courses
Nottingham Trent University Featured Masters Courses
University of Portsmouth Featured Masters Courses

Masters Discussion Forum

The following thread is brought to you by our sister Web site PostgraduateForum.com. If you wish to reply or post your own thread, you will be redirected to this site.

This Category:   PostgraduateForum.com > Choosing a Masters


Studied a degree in architecture didn't get taught much about UK Building Regulation only design

User: nickwm - 06 November 2016 11:39


I am a BA Architecture graduate and throughout our course didn't really get educated on building regs and only know from my own research and experience parts of it. I wanted to take a course or qualification to develop this knowledge so i feel competent and confidant in the work i'm doing and not relying on others. I just want to be able to design in the comfort of having a full knowledge on building regs to apply to my work but finding a suitable course seems to be baffling. I understand Building Control Surveyors are accredited by RICS however Masters in this seem quite advance and perhaps a knowledge of building control is already expected on these courses? There was also HNC and HND in construction which are perhaps more suitable. I didn t know if there was anyone with any advice on the subject on the best (online) route to gaining a good knowledge of Building Regulations and the laws perhaps witht the opportunity of more career prospects afterwards.

Much appreciated, Nick

User: TreeofLife - 08 November 2016 12:07

That's quite a specific area, not sure if there is anyone who can help you on here.

User: Tester - 13 December 2016 19:32

Hi Nick,
I am a chartered surveyor (MRICS) so can answer this question for you, To be honest none of these options are going to meet your needs, they are whole new professions that would cover material far wider than building regulations. if your just weak in the area of building regulations have a look for a short course. The RICS offer some, but the best place to look I see CABE (Chartered Association of Building Engineers) they have mainly building control members so may offer a short course specifically in building regulations.

Cookie Policy    X