1 year full time
2:1 or equivalent, relevant science, business or medical degree; min 6.5 IELTS overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each element
This pioneering course aims to maximise the employability of students. Our track record shows 90% of graduates secure ste cell technology-related posts including PhDs, positions in industry and government-funded agencies (e.g. stem cell banks).
The course content has been designed in consultation with stem cell experts and potential employers in biotechnology, academia, industry and bodies regulating stem cells, to provide the necessary expertise to compete in an ever changing world.
- Students learn a broad range of transferable skills including critical analysis, data handling, and oral and written skills.
- Teaching is by leading research scientists who are working at the cutting edge of new developments, ensuring the most recent research is integrated into the course.
- Teaching also incorporates guest speakers recognised as international experts in the stem cell technology field, including clinicians who want to use stem cells in regenerative medicine.
The course incorporates the following modules:
- Cell, Developmental and Molecular Biology
- Module 2: Embryonic Stem Cells
- Module 3: Adult and Fetal Stem Cells
- Module 4: Translational Technologies for Stem Cells
- Module 5: Research Skills & Stem Cell Technology Exploitation
- Module 6: Regenerative Medicine Research Project
Approximately 40% of the taught modules encompass direct laboratory training. This high level of practical work means we take a maximum of 16 students. This ensures we have good tutor/student ratios and specialist equipment is widely accessible.
Visit the Stem Cell Technology MSc page on the University of Nottingham web site for more details!