This is a distance-learning programme.
- Part-time Postgraduate Certificate (1-3 years)
- Part-time Postgraduate Diploma (2-4 years)
- Part-time MSc (3-5 years)
This world-class course is for physiotherapists seeking a specialist qualification in sports physiotherapy, compliant with international standards of practice. You will develop a problem-solving and clinically reasoned approach to sports physiotherapy, athlete management and performance enhancement.
The blended learning environment combines distance learning with face-to-face teaching and clinical skills practice. You will experience an innovative blend of knowledge-based, activity-based and experiential learning.
The face-to-face induction event and residential teaching weeks in the first and second years of the programme will enable you to meet and work together with other students on real-work problems, and engage in debate with practitioners from a variety of contexts.
- Flexible and online, allowing you to study alongside your clinical practice.
- Endorsed by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP).
- Meets international competencies and standards set by the International Federation of Sports Physiotherapists (IFSP).
- Integrates the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports Medicine (ACPSM) CPD pathway.
This is a flexible programme. Our students typically study over three and a half years, however there is opportunity to complete units in up to five years.
Residential teaching events take place at the University and you will be expected to attend the following:
- Sports Science Residential Week - Year One (January)
- Clinical Residential Week - Year Two (June)
The programme is made up of the following compulsory units:
Year one (Certificate)
- Sports Physiotherapy in Practice 1
- Sports Environment
- Exercise Physiology
- Athlete Biomechanics and Sports Analysis
Year two (Diploma)
- Sports Physiotherapy in Practice 2
- Performance Physiotherapy (spine, lower limb, upper limb)
- Athlete Management
Year three (MSc)
- Evidence Based Clinical Sports Physiotherapy
- Research Project Design
- Sports Physiotherapy Research Project
Details of funding:
The University of Bath is third in The Sunday Times University Guide 2013
Visit the MSc Sports Physiotherapy page on the University of Bath web site for more details!
How good is research at University of Bath in Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism?
FTE Category A staff submitted: 22.00
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities
Medicine Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation