The Oil and Gas Management MBA is ideal for those already working in or associated with the energy sector.
It has been designed to equip graduates with the appropriate management skills and knowledge to undertake a leadership role in the oil and gas industries, one of the world's fastest growing and most dynamic sectors.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This course has your future employability as its focus. By choosing to study at Coventry University London Campus you will benefit from a degree programme that:
- Has flexible start dates in September, January or April
- Provides a unique experience delivered by an institution with strong foundations in educating business leaders
- Includes work-related activity and leading lectures from high-profile business figures
- Requires no previous work experience
- Will help you to secure future employment by offering essential training in key areas such as CV writing, presentation skills and interview technique
- Questions conventional wisdoms and replaces them with new and developing perspectives, new patterns of thinking, and new insights
Learning and assessment reflect an action learning approach focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis. The university provides student support, as well as comprehensive advice on immigration and visas.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This course comprises core modules in management, specialist modules at the cutting edge of practice in the oil and gas industries, and an organisation-based internship, consulting project or dissertation.
MBA programmes are delivered over four terms and you can choose to begin your programme in September, January or April.
All MBA students study five core management modules, four mandatory modules and an internship or project.
MBA Oil and Gas Management Modules include:
- Advanced Business Practice
- Sustainable Strategy – from Planning to Implementation
- Leading in a Changing World
- Finance, Funding and Legislative Frameworks for Success
- Marketing in a Global Age
- International Environmental Law
- Project Management
- Integrated Emergency Management
- The Impacts of Oil Production in the Developing World
- Organisation Internship or Consulting Project or Dissertation
Work experience at Coventry University London Campus can be undertaken in a variety of ways; an internship, an individual consultancy project or a group consulting project.
This experience will provide an opportunity:
- For first- hand experience of the business and working culture of an organisation
- To work independently on a significant, managerial issue with your employer’s support and academic guidance
- To create management reports for multiple stakeholders
- To build commercial awareness and understanding in the context of decision-making
- To develop more effective communication and presentation skills
- To build up a stronger set of personal and professional skills
As an alternative to completing an internship or Consulting Project, the dissertation forms a substantial part of the overall study leading to the MBA and is an opportunity for work experience related to the in-depth study of an organisation.
The dissertation should draw on the intellectual and analytical skills and knowledge developed during the programme. The module also provides an opportunity for students to develop their interest in a particular area related to their career aspirations and to demonstrate an ability to undertake individual research.
To be accepted for the programme students must possess a second class honours degree (2:2) or above.
English Language IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
No work experience required.
HOW WILL THIS COURSE ENHANCE MY CAREER PROSPECTS?
Employment in the energy sector is growing rapidly worldwide, and offers exciting career opportunities for good managers that understand its diverse issues, demands and challenges.
Oil and Gas, often referred to as petroleum, includes exploration, extracting, refining, transporting and marketing of these products.
This sector supplies not only fuel and gas for home and commercial use, but also provides raw material for chemical products including pharmaceuticals, plastics, fertilizers and pesticides. In fact, the production, distribution, refining, and retailing of petroleum taken as a whole represents the world's largest industry in terms of dollar value. There are well over 100 countries involved in the extraction of primary materials for the energy sector on every Continent.
A Coventry University London Campus MBA Oil and Gas Management graduate is highly employable in the fastest-growing sector in the World today.
Visit the MBA Oil and Gas Management page on the Coventry University London Campus web site for more details!
At least a second class honours degree (2:2) or equivalent qualification. English language IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. No work experience required
Business & Management