IN THIS INTENSIVE, PART-TIME, 18-MONTH ONLINE PROGRAM YOU WILL GAIN:
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in electrical engineering
- Practical guidance from electrical engineering experts in the field
- Knowledge from the extensive experience of the lecturers, rather than from only the theoretical information gained from books and college
- Credibility as the local electrical engineering expert in your firm
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- An Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems)
March 2015 intake full-Next additional intake starts June 29, 2015
Payment is not required until 2 to 4 weeks before the start of the program.
The EIT Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems) is recognized worldwide and has been endorsed by the International Society of Automation (ISA). Please ask us about specific information on accreditation for your location.
Join the next generation of electrical engineers and technicians and embrace a well paid, intensive yet enjoyable career by embarking on this comprehensive course on electrical engineering. It is presented in a practical and useful manner - all theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Leading electrical engineers who are highly experienced engineers from industry, having 'worked in the trenches' in the various electrical engineering areas present the course over the web in a distance learning format using our acclaimed live e-learning techniques.
The course starts with an overview of the basic principles of electrical engineering and then goes on to discuss the essential topics in depth. With a total of 16 modules, everything that is of practical value from electrical distribution concepts to the equipment used, safety at work to power quality are all looked at in detail. Each module contains practical content so that the students can practice what they learn including the basic elements of designing a system and troubleshooting.
Most academic courses deal with engineering theory in detail but fall short when it comes to giving practical hints on what a technician is expected to know for a job in the field. In this course, the practical aspects receive emphasis so that when you go out into the field you will have the feeling that ‘you have seen it all.
*JOB OUTCOMES, INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
A range of global opportunities awaits graduates of the Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems). Pending full accreditation you may become a full member of Engineers Australia and your qualification will be recognized by Engineers Australia and (through the Dublin Accord) by leading professional associations and societies in Australia, Canada, Ireland, Korea, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States. The Dublin Accord is an agreement for the international recognition of Engineering Technician qualifications.
For example, current enrolled students can apply for free student membership of Engineers Australia. After graduation, you can apply for membership to become an Engineering Associate, while graduates interested in UK recognition can apply for membership of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) as a Technician Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
This professional recognition greatly improves the global mobility of graduates, and offers you the opportunity of a truly international career.
You will be qualified to find employment as an Engineering Associate in public and private industry including transportation, manufacturing, process, construction, resource, energy and utilities industries. Engineering Associates often work in support of professional engineers or engineering technologists in a team environment. If you prefer to work in the field you may choose to find employment as a site supervisor, senior technician, engineering assistant, or similar.
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THIS PROGRAM?
- Electrical Engineers and Technicians
- Project Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Instrumentation and Design Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Field Technicians
- Plant Operators
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Energy Management Consultants
- Automation and Process Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Project Managers
- Instrument Fitters and Instrumentation Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Chemical and Mechanical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Technicians
In fact, anyone who wants to gain solid knowledge of the key elements of electrical engineering – to improve work skills and to create further job prospects. Even those of you who are highly experienced in electrical engineering may find it useful to attend some of the topics to gain key, up to date perspectives on electrical engineering.
The course is composed of 16 modules. These cover the following seven main threads to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of electrical engineering
- Electrical technology fundamentals
- Distribution equipment and protection
- Rotating machinery and transformers
- Power electronics
- Energy efficiency
- Earthing and safety regulations
- Operation and maintenance of electrical equipment
The 16 modules will be completed in the following order:
- Electrical Circuits
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
- Electrical Drawings
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Transformers, Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
- Electrical Machines
- Power Cables and Accessories
- Earthing and Lightning / Surge Protection
- Power System Protection
- Electrical Safety and Wiring Regulations
- Testing, Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- Energy Efficiency and Energy Use
- Power Quality
- Power Electronics and Variable Speed Drives
- DC and AC High Reliability Power Supplies
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located all around the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. We aim to give you a rapid response regarding course fees that are relevant to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student begins to study. For a rapid reply to your query regarding course fees and payment options, please contact a Course Advisor in your region via the below button and we will respond within two (2) business days.